Facebook, is another tool for the union activist, my account may be deleted eventually, but it's fun.
Joe's Union Review's Facebook page: Oh yeah you need an account and to befriend me to see it
Here's some warnings if you choose to sign up:
- Be frugal with the personal information you publish, there have been cases of employers not hiring and firing people because of what they had posted on one of these "social network" sites
- Do not post anything you may regret, as all your info is in the hands of Facebook and anyone who saves your content.
- Facebook owns any images/video's you upload.
- Do not add apps (short term for a Facebook application) if you are not sure they are safe, there are certain apps which are bad for you, your PC and your account. You can always choose to learn more and read what people say about the app before running it, I play Mafia Wars, like any good "Union Thug", so add me to your gang if you try that out.
- People on the internet are anything they choose to be, so be careful who you friend.
- When you sign up, review your Privacy settings. You should click on the "Settings" button on the right hand side of the top blue toolbar, scroll down to "Privacy" click it and choose "Profile", I recommend setting everything to "Only Friends" until you get familiar with the program.
- and the most important thing to know about a service that is owned by someone else, they can shut you down in a heartbeat.
You can also follow me on Twitter, theres more info and a sorta tutorial in this story
Congress goes high tech: House Education and Labor and 3 other Congressional Committee's go live on Twitter
The MySpace page is kinda dying, as Facebook and Twitter will one day