300 e-mail's sent in solidarity for OTB worker, help out send some more

Over the weekend I wrote up a quick article about the Off-Track Betting announcer in Upstate New York, Greg Giorgio, who after 32 years of service was going to be discharged just 3 years before his retirement matured in retaliation for filing a labor charge against the company over excluding him from participation in collective bargaining.

After contacting Daniel Gross, an organizer for the IWW Starbucks Workers Union, I received an update and was told that we can still stand in solidarity with Greg by sending out more e-mail's to OTB. I am asking all my readers to show support. Here's what I know:
"Greg's employment status still remains at risk in his title of staff announcer at Capital District Regional Off-Track Betting Corp. -- and whether or not they will continue his employment in another title is uncertain and should be revealed in the next several days."
Good Luck Greg

Original story: ACT NOW - Veteran Wobbly at risk after 32 years on the job!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for choosing to comment, your comment is subject to moderation and will appear when I am on the web. No personal attacks please. Junk posts by what I deem as a internet troll will simply be deleted.
All views are welcome, please post links, if any, that have to do with the story, as this will help myself and other readers to follow for more information. Thanks, Joe