From PR Newswire:
Wal-Mart Watch Responds to Wal-Mart's Closure of Unionized Tire and Lube Express in Gatineau, CanadaFuck you Wal-Mart, you are a huge reason that the American people are having hard financial problems and you had led they way to giving our jobs oversea's.
WASHINGTON, Oct. 16 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- In response to Wal-Mart's closure of the recently unionized Gatineau, Quebec Tire and Lube Express, Wal-Mart Watch Executive Director David Nassar released the following statement:
"Wal-Mart's closure of the recently unionized Tire and Lube Express auto shop in Gatineau, Quebec shows how Wal-Mart is willing to do anything to keep its workers from receiving better wages, decent benefits or fairer
working conditions. The Gatineau workers have merely exercised their human rights under Canadian Law, something that is clearly unacceptable to Wal-Mart.
"Later today, Wal-Mart Watch will launch a new web site which features the real stories of Wal-Mart employees who are suffering under Wal-Mart's low-wage, low-benefit business model.
"The closure in Canada clearly shows that Wal-Mart has no desire to change."
More headlines from Labourstart
- Quebec Wal-Mart to close unionized auto shop [The Star]
- Quebec Wal-Mart Closes Tire Centre After Labor Accord [Bloomberg]
- Quebec Wal-Mart shuts Gatineau union shop [The Gazette]
- Quebec Wal-Mart closes auto shop after union win [Reuters]
- Quebec Wal-Mart Canada shuts another location after workers unionize [UFCW]
- Quebec Wal-Mart closes unionized shop [The Globe and Mail]
- Quebec Wal-Mart closes shop where union contract imposed [CBC]
- Quebec Wal-Mart Watch Responds to Wal-Mart's Closure of Unionized Tire and Lube Express in Gatineau [Wal-Mart Watch]