this is the audio broadcast of these headlines
- Ford, UAW Drive Another Nail Into Coffin Of Well-Paid Auto Jobs
- House Economic Stimulus Leaves Out Extension of Unemployment Benefits
- Fewer Demands Left On The Table Could Hasten End To Writer’s Strike
- Teamsters Disappointed By Court Ruling On Extended Trucker Drive Hours
- Economic Report: 2007 Housing Price Drop, Sales Decline Biggest In Decades
What is WIN?You can check out WIN Radio at Laborradio.org
WIN producers gather news from labor unions and activists from across the country. WIN then packages the material for distribution to radio stations and for print publication.
Our producers and reporters come from a diverse background encompassing all fields of media journalism, from print to radio, video to the Web. We share one common goal: to create media that puts people over profits and empowers citizens to become journalists in their own right.
WIN combines a traditional placement strategy with a grassroots mobilization program.
Placement starts through a direct "business to business" relationship between producers and radio stations. WIN also works with labor councils, local unions and community organizations to encourage placement in their respective localities.
In addition, WIN is well-connected with existing labor media projects, progressive grassroots radio programs and Independent Media Centers.